I have a really strong connection with nature and the natural cycles of life. As an outdoor leader and educator for over 25 years, my appreciation of the interconnectedness of all things is an experiential reality.
From a young age the connection to something much greater than myself came through spending time in nature and an interest in the ‘spiritual’ side of my life – particularly following the sudden death of my father when I was 21. This has directed me into the vocation that I find myself in today.
Following a career in the outdoors I retrained as a counsellor, with a particular focus in issues of loss, grief, and bereavement. This led onto further training in spiritual care and theology, and employment as a Spiritual Care Practitioner in a major private hospital in Melbourne, specialising in Oncology. I am currently the Pastoral Care Coordinator of a private hospital in rural Victoria.
Along side my training in the healthcare sector, I have a passion and interest in the resurgence of the natural death care movement. I aim to help empower and support individuals, their family and loved ones around all issues and the choices available to them, related to dying, end of life care, and death. I am also a Buddhist Chaplain, and authorised Celebrant for the Federation of Australian Buddhist Councils, and conduct Weddings.
My work is informed through 20years of study and practice in Tibetan Buddhism. From this basis I wish to support and assist people on their life journey, through a practice of kindness, compassion, love and understanding. Meditation has not only become an important part of my own daily practice in wellbeing, but also informs the work that I do with others. This includes conducting ceremony; running individual and group meditation sessions; and retreats.
- Authorised Celebrant, Federation of Australian Buddhist Councils (2018)
- Independent Funeral Celebrant Training, The Celebrant Training College (2017)
- Graduate Certificate in Theology, University of Divinity (2017)
- Funeral Master Class Training, Natural Death Care Centre (2016)
- Deathwalker Training, Natural Death Care Centre (2015)
- Multi-Faith Program Spiritual Health Victoria & the Vic Multicultural Commission (2013/14)
- 2 Units Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre (2013)
- Buddhist Chaplaincy, Buddhist Council of Victoria (2013)
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling, Australian College of Applied Psychology (2012)
- Graduate Diploma in Education, Hawthorn Institute of Education (1994)
- Bachelor of Arts (Outdoor Education), Latrobe University (1993)